“As Africans our greatest opportunity to make a difference lies in transforming the social and economic landscape in Africa.”
– Dr Iqbal Survé
The mission of Survé Philanthropies is to support and positively impact disadvantaged and marginalised communities through initiatives which enable the transformation of South Africa and Africa’s social and economic landscapes.
These initiatives will focus on the following areas: Arts and Culture, Education, Youth Development and Entrepreneurship, Human Rights and Social Justice, and Environmental Sustainability.
Survé Philanthropies will support initiatives which:
- Provide opportunity for the empowerment of communities and individuals, especially society’s most vulnerable women and children.
- Improve the quality of life through exposure to arts and culture, by supporting teachers, schools and development programmes, with a specific emphasis on jazz music.
- Assist scholars in poorer communities to achieve their potential through the provision of educational bursaries at primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
- Create awareness around sustainable environmental practices.
- Promote the self-sustainability of young people through the acquisition of entrepreneurial and other skills, which will enable them to become gainfully employed and contribute meaningfully to society.
- Promote holistic, values-based development of socially conscious, non-racist, non-sexist, productive citizens. Survé Philanthropies will partner with like-minded local and global civil society organisations to
achieve our mission.