Organisations creating social impact within marginalised communities were recognised for their efforts, across 12 categories:
Arts and Culture, Children, Disability, Education, Environmental Sustainability, Health, Human Rights, Media, Poverty Alleviation, Sports Development, Technology for Social Impact, and Women.
A total of 31 organisations received awards across the 12 categories.
Women and Beyond at World AIDS Day (2018)
Women and Beyond at World AIDS Day event at Garlandale High last year, where Basha Taylor and her team were interacting with high school learners on AIDS awareness.
Surve’ Philanthropies Survé Philanthropies sponsoring an annual Nation Wide Girls Program campaign #TheLegacy Women and Children Center Cape Town
* Poverty Alleviation
* Committed to serving impoverished communities
* Raising awareness to girls in schools
* Empower and uplift women and children
Annual concert of the Sekunjalo Music Academy
SMA Vision: A society in which all children have access to music lessons and the benefits of music
making, including a better quality of life and a belief in a bright future. SMA Mission:
* To operate music schools in under-resourced communities,
* To enable local children to access music lessons at a nominal fee.
* To introduce children to the joy of music making, offering an alternative to various types of anti-social behaviour.
* To teach the playing of various musical instruments in practical lessons.
* To broaden the children’s knowledge of music through the teaching of theory.